|Why not join |
Yeovil Railway Centreas a member and give us a hand!!. Get in touch, though the Contact and Links page and let us know what you would like to do. We need volunteers in all areas from assisting at events to painters, carpenters, anyone who will get their hands dirty.
Main Line Steam
National Railway Museum wagons
Whats on and How to find Yeovil Railway Centre
* Shop is open every Sunday from 10 am to noon (except Christmas/New Year) and normally during Events. CLICK HERE
Events for 2015/How to find us. CLICK HERE for summary OR CLICK HERE for full details ( 26 March 2015)
Can you help us with restoring our coach please? CLICK HERE for details - thank you!
* Available either from Shop or by post are (22 August 2011)
a new DVD 'Steaming Through Wessex' and the following which were launched at Yeovil150 (July 2010):- New DVD including Archive footage of Yeovil Junction, and a Book telling how it was working on the local railways (little romance!) and our own booklet detailing the history of Yeovil Junction. To view CLICK HERE
We also have copies of Yeovil 150 Years of Railways More copies now available of this excellent book!. CLICK HERE for details and a few of our other offerings.
* History of the Transfer Shed (now our Visitor Centre, Exhibition area and Cafe). CLICK HERE The building is very suitable for wedding receptions, exhibitions, meetings etc. Please get in touch via Contacts and Links page. for letting details.
* Photo Section and Latest News (except Forthcoming Events) CLICK HERE 08 March 2015
Lots of photos from 1986 to 2002 added and a large number of black and white pictures from the Company's early days.!
17 & 18 July 2010 - Photos of this great event are now on-line!
Sue Bowditch Art Gallery
* We are delighted to welcome Sue Bowditch who displays her own work (mainly wildlife). Please click here for more details and when the gallery is open.
Background to Yeovil Railway Centre
History from 1993 to date 31 January 2005
Why 72C? - Please CLICK HERE and use Back Button to return here.
Explanatory maps (by Matt Hunt) of the historical and present layouts around Yeovil (Powerpoint here) or Diagram only of Yeovil Railway Centre (Here) - Use Back Button to return here.
Locomotives and Rolling Stock
Engines and stock you may see 18 October 2014
Have a go at preparing, firing and driving a steam engine (or give a course as a present!)
Join us. Every new member helps us improve facilities for main line steam and for the general public!
Contact us and Links
Form to email us. Also links to local places of interest and railway websites
Railtour Operators - Information
Why you should come to the Yeovil Railway Centre and what services we can provide.
is on 01935 410420
|Please pass any comments or questions to us, via the Enquiry and Feedback form |
to be found on the Contacts and Links page. We look forward to seeing you soon!