|Why not join |
Yeovil Railway Centreas a member and give us a hand!!. Get in touch, though the Contact and Links page and let us know what you would like to do. We need volunteers in all areas from assisting at events to painters, carpenters, anyone who will get their hands dirty.
Main Line Steam
National Railway Museum wagons
Whats on and How to find Yeovil Railway Centre
* Shop is open every Sunday from 10 am to noon (except Christmas/New Year) and during Events. CLICK HERE
Events for 2010/How to find us including Santa Specials on Thursday 23 December! Please note that Thursday's event is running as planned (update Wed 22/12/10) and that some space is available on a first come basis (follow link to check times). Also note that possibly the best way to get to Yeovil Junction from Yeovil is to go down the A37 Dorchester Road, past the Red House and over the railway bridge (CARE temporary traffic lights). Then turn left immediately afterwards (marked Stoford and Yeovil Junction). This road is on the treated road network whilst Newton Road (direct from Yeovil Town Centre) is not). From the Dorchester direction turn right before reaching the railway bridge and temporary traffic lights! Please wear warm clothing and suitable footwear for snow/ice. Do not rush and allow plenty of time - if you are late do not worry - we will sort it!! CLICK HERE ( 22 December 2010)
(Yeovil Railway Centre, Yeovil Junction Railway Station, Stoford, Yeovil BA22 9UU).
* Available either from Shop or by post are the following which were launched at Yeovil150. New DVD including Archive footage of Yeovil Junction, and a Book telling how it was working on the local railways (little romance!) and our own booklet detailing the history of Yeovil Junction. To view CLICK HERE We also have copies of Yeovil 150 Years of Railways Only a few copies are now left of this last book. CLICK HERE for details and a few of our other offerings.
* History of the Transfer Shed (now our Visitor Centre, Exhibition area and Cafe). CLICK HERE The building is very suitable for wedding receptions, exhibitions, meetings etc. Please get in touch via Contacts and Links page. for letting details.
* Photo Section CLICK HERE 21 December 2010
Lots of photos from 1986 to 2002 added and a large number of black and white pictures from the Company's early days.!
17 & 18 July 2010 - Photos of this great event are now on-line!
Sue Bowditch & Cuneo Art Gallery
* We are delighted to welcome Sue Bowditch who displays her own work and items from Cuneo Fine Arts (who sell prints by the famous railway artist Terence Cuneo). Please click here for more details and when the gallery is open.
Background to Yeovil Railway Centre
History from 1993 to date 31 January 2005
Why 72C? - Please CLICK HERE and use Back Button to return here.
Explanatory maps (by Matt Hunt) of the historical and present layouts around Yeovil (Powerpoint here) or Diagram only of Yeovil Railway Centre (Here) - Use Back Button to return here.
Locomotives and Rolling Stock
Engines and stock you may see 10 March 2009
Have a go at preparing, firing and driving a steam engine (or give a course as a present!)
Join us. Every new member helps us improve facilities for main line steam and for the general public!
Contact us and Links
Form to email us. Also links to local places of interest and railway websites
Railtour Operators - Information
Why you should come to the Yeovil Railway Centre and what services we can provide.
is on 01935 410420
|Please pass any comments or questions to us, via the Enquiry and Feedback form |
to be found on the Contacts and Links page. We look forward to seeing you soon!